Last updated: December 1, 2021
Data security is very important. Please contact us immediately if you have reason to believe that your Increase account credentials have been compromised or that your Personal Data has been accessed without your permission.
Increase is not a bank. The Increase Services allow you to create and access the Bank Services, including the bank depository and payment services provided by our partner banks. Our partner banks and links to their privacy policies are listed in Section 12 below. The word Bank refers to the Bank that provides the Bank Services to you.
Personal Data Increase Collects
We collect Personal Data when you visit our Website, when you create an Increase Account, and when you access the Increase Services. You may also choose to submit Personal Data (a) in response to marketing or other communications; (b) through social media or online forums; (c) through participation in an offer, program, or promotion; or (d) in connection with an actual or potential business relationship with us.
We may collect Personal Data directly from you, including Personal Data about your:
- Increase Account: email address and account login credentials.
- Identity Verification: full name, postal address, telephone number, social security number, government issued identification, and other information necessary to verify your identity.
- Credit and Risk: your credit score, credit history from a credit reporting service, social media information, and other data we need to comply with risk management requirements.
- Platform Service: Personal Data provided to us if you access your Increase Account through a Platform.
- Financial Information: account number with the Bank, transaction history, tax returns, and payment card information.
- Employment: occupation, information about your employer, and income details (such as source of income, approximate annual income and how frequently you are paid).
- Voice Recordings: transcripts of conversations between you and us.
- Biometrics: identity verification features that may be available by us or through third parties, such as your facial image.
- Geographic location: information about your physical location that you provide or that we extrapolate from electronic cues, such as your IP address.
- Other: other information you choose to provide us about yourself during interactions with you about the Increase Services.
Data Technology Used by Increase
- Browser and device data, such as IP address, device type, operating system and internet browser type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, plug-ins, add-ons and the language version of the Website you are visiting.
- Usage data, such as time spent on the Website, pages visited, links clicked, language preferences, and the pages that led or referred you to our Website.
We do not:
- Collect information about your online activities on websites and connected devices over time and across third-party websites, devices, apps and other online features and services.
How Increase Uses Your Personal Data
We will not use, share, rent or sell your Personal Data for interest-based advertising.
- We use your Personal Data to:
- Provide the Increase Services.
- Verify your identity.
- Help you access the Banking Services.
- Create and manage your Increase Account and Bank account.
- Comply with regulatory and other legal requirements and requests.
- Facilitate our own business activities, such as to improve our services, develop new services, respond to customer support inquiries and conduct general analysis related to activities such as security, decision making, administrative, and reporting.
- We may send you marketing communications about Increase products and services, invite you to participate in our events or surveys, or otherwise communicate with you for marketing purposes that you previously agreed to receive.
How Increase Discloses Personal Data
Increase shares Personal Data with our third-party service providers that we engage to provide services on our behalf. These services include website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure, customer service, identity verification, credit services, email delivery, and auditing services. These service providers may need to access Personal Data to perform their services. We authorize service providers to use or disclose the Personal Data only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. We require service providers to contractually commit to protect the security and confidentiality of Personal Data they process for us.
We disclose Personal Data as we believe necessary: (i) to comply with applicable law; (ii) to enforce our contractual rights; (iii) to protect the rights, privacy, safety, and property of Increase, you, or others; and (iv) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence.
Your Rights and Choices
You have choices regarding the Personal Data we collect from you:
You may review, correct, or update your Personal Data in your Increase Account or by emailing us.
Depending on local laws based on your location, you may have the following rights with respect to your Personal Data:
- The right to request confirmation of whether Increase processes Personal Data relating to you, and if so, to request a copy of that Personal Data;
- The right to request that Increase rectify or update any of your Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated;
- The right to request that Increase erase your Personal Data in certain circumstances provided by law;
- The right to request that Increase restrict the use of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as while Increase considers another request that you have submitted (including a request that Increase make an update to your Personal Data);
- The right to request that Increase export to another company, where technically feasible, your Personal Data that we hold in order to provide Services to you; and
- Where the processing of your Personal Data is based on your previously given consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You may also have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data on grounds relating to your particular situation.
You may request the removal of the Personal Data we maintain by emailing us. Your Increase account and the corresponding Personal Data will be removed from the Increase database within 30 days after that request, unless we are required to comply with a longer retention period. If you have created an Increase account through a Platform, please contact the Platform directly with questions about your rights with respect to Personal Data.
Security and Retention
We maintain organizational, technical, and administrative measures designed to protect Personal Data against unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alteration, or misuse. Your Personal Data is only accessible to a limited number of personnel who need access to the information to perform their duties.
In general, we retain your Personal Data as long as we provide the services to you. We may retain Personal Data after we stop providing services to you, even if you close your Increase account, in order to comply with our legal obligations. We may also retain Personal Data to comply with our tax, accounting, and financial reporting obligations. Where we retain data, we do so in accordance with any limitation periods and records retention obligations that are imposed by applicable law.
International Data Transfers
Use by Minors
The Increase Services are not directed for use by individuals under the age of If you are under the age of 13, we request that you not provide us with Personal Data.
This section provides additional details about the Personal Data we collect about California consumers as well as the rights of California consumers under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
b. Your CCPA Rights and Choices. As a California consumer and subject to certain limitations under the CCPA, you have choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information:
Exercising the right to know. You may request, up to twice in a 12-month period, the following information about the Personal Data we have collected about you during the previous 12 months:
the categories and specific pieces of Personal Data we have collected about you;
the categories of sources from which we collected the Personal Data;
the business or commercial purpose for which we collected the Personal Data;
the categories of third parties with whom we shared the Personal Data; and
the categories of Personal Data about you that we disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed that information for a business purpose.
Exercising the right to delete. You may request that we delete the Personal Data we have collected from you, subject to certain limitations under applicable law.
Non-discrimination. The CCPA provides that you may not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
To submit a request to exercise any of the rights described above, you may contact us. We may need to verify your identity before responding to your request, such as verifying that the email address from which you send the request matches the email address that we have on file.
Bank Privacy Policies
How to Contact Us